Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bean's Birthday Bash UPDATE

Well I have since had a chance to talk to Nana regarding her arrival and what the best course of action would be for the Beany Baby's Birthday Bash!

Since I have to work Saturday, Nana and Granddad are planning to go to the Royal Tyrrel Museum that day. So we are planning to have a Birthday BBQ and get together. Rather than having a cheesy baby birthday party we will plan to make burgers and dogs and have some beer with the guests. If it's nice out we can have a fire in the back yard and do the dogs that way. I'm hoping to invite all the local family and friends who are available so if you happen to be one of said family or friends please call me or email me and I will send you an invite. I will be making actual invitations for the big day but I still have a month and a half to get organised. OH EM GEE!! 1 month and 17 days!!!!! AND MY LIL BOY WILL BE 1!!! Where does the time go? /cry /sob /sniffle

So I'm trying to find something that is perfect for him for his 1st birthday. I was thinking about a walking/riding car. Something he can either sit on or push around. He has mastered the art of pulling himself to a stand at the couch or coffee table and is even attempting to transfer from couch to coffee table or from the stairs to the baby gate. He is really moving. I was looking at something like this Lightning McQueen car. He isn't ready to push something around yet but he may well be ready for it by April! I was also looking at something more like this Fisher Price Activity Walker, which is more of an activity center which can be a walker as well. Oh how exciting. My baby walking!!! Woot!

Ah! Now I can't stop looking at infant toys online!


I'm sure I will find something perfect for the little guy. In the mean time, you can find me on the Toyrus Website.

1 comment:

Mary said...

One thing that our therapist did with Riley's walker was to duct tape hand weights (the kind that have velcro that you can wrap around you legs or wrists) to the legs to slow it down. That way it didn't roll to quick while they were learning. You can reduce the weight to speed it up as they get more comfortable walking. Plus pushing extra weight is great excerise for the little guys. The kids are also pushing around a lil shopping kart with a bunch of weight in it to help build stregnth and endurance. Planning the big first birthday is a ton of fun. Enjoy!