Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Little Turtles New Necklace














This is a necklace I made for the Bean the other night. I have been collecting turtles in various forms for Hunter since before he was born. Pretty much everywhere I go, IE, the zoo, trips to Vancouver, any amusement/fun parks, or any kind of store that sells THINGS, I look for turtles for Hunter Bean. There was a beautiful zip up hoodie I wanted to get for him from Gymboree the other day but it was 25$ so i declined. I did however get a lovely UV protective shirt/surf short set for swimming. It has some perdy turtles on it in blues and whites. Ok, Back to the necklace. Once a year in Calgary we have Lilac Festival. It's basically a street festival that runs along 4th street. It is a lot of fun and there are always plenty of vendors, musicians, magicians, and FOOOOOD! NOMS! So, shhhh, but on my lunch break last Sunday, I ran, as fast as a pregnant woman can run, to the C - train, rode the train for 2 stops and hoofed my ass down to Lilac Festival to get Hunter a Turtle. I got my own Turtle a few years back when I first attended Lilac Festival with Jef. My Soul intent of the jaunt down to 4th street was to get this little wee hand blown glass turtle. I came back with a few other odds and ends. More specifically, I got Hunter a cowboy hat that actually fits, which is awesome because I have been looking for one for him since he was born, but I guess half gallon cowboy hats are rare. Success tho! I also managed to make it back to work with a bag of Kettle corn and a bag of cotton candy. :D he he he. That is also where I got the Head Snuggler for the car seat. Oooh and i got three pairs of wood/coconut earrings for my self! Almost forgot about me! So that's the story of Bean's new necklace. Made especially for him by hand AND foot, by his dear old mother!

No comments: