Tuesday, June 9, 2009

City And Colour

I am Officially, IN LOVE!

"if i suddenly went blind, would you still look in my eyes?"



I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks now but I'm pressed for blog time lately.

On Wednesday, May 20th, D and I were EXTREMELY fortunate to see City and Colour at the Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium. We didn't have any tickets and the show was sold out but damned if that's ever stopped me from seeing a show.



Said the Whale, a Vancouver band, was the opening act and their music wasn't too bad but you couldn't hear or understand a single lyric in all but one song they did. It was extremely frustrating, especially for someone who has never heard their music before. Certainly not a good first impression, though they were cute, or atleast the girl at the keyboard in the baby doll dress was.

Anyway, moving on to Dallas, who is the newest love of my life. I have not, in many, many years, been as giddy, silly or head over heals for a musician as I am now for Dallas Green. His voice is near perfect. Completely powerful and breath taking!

I'll share a video of him doing an a Capella rendition on a song called "Don't mind people Grinnin in your face" which was originally a Son House song.

No comments: