Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wow !!! Busy doing NOTHING!!!

For some reason I can't seem to get myself motivated to do Anything tonight, even though I actually have a lot on the go. I am also extremely sick and unhappy right now! I can't go more than 3 minutes with out a deep whooping cough! Luckily, I have 4 days off.

This weekend the Ross family is taking a little vacation. We are going to William Watson Lodge! We are so excited!

~ William Watson Lodge provides year-round accommodations for Albertans with disabilities and Senior citizens 65 and over. It includes 22 accessible cottages, 13 full-service campsites, picnic sites, and 18 kilometres of accessible trails.
William Watson Lodge is named after an Albertan who spent much of his life working to improve social and environmental conditions for people with disabilities. His goal was to see the disabled given a fair chance to lead as normal and productive a life as possible~

This weekend has been put together and arranged by Ups and Downs, a Calgary based Down Syndrome Organization. They put together all kinds of fun events and get togethers every year and I have been looking forward to this weekend since November! WOOT!!

We have a one bedroom cabin with 2 twin beds, 1 double pull out couch, a fireplace, a bathroom and a fully functional kitchen, all for just 30$ a night!

On Friday night there will be activities for the Kids so that the parents can reconnect with a wine and cheese night time snack! Then Saturday morning all the Dads get together and cook everyone breaky!! Saturday night is a potluck and I am cooking a HUUUGE pot of Coconut cream curry and Basmati rice. :D Then Sunday will be the wrap up and clean up! Nice little get away from the hustle bustle of the city if you ask me!


I have also had some time to make a trip to the Super Store, Dollar store and Michael's Craft's store to pick up a few things that I needed for the Bean's Big Birthday Bash! I have all the invitations sent out today! Matching hats and decor galore! And I shit you not, I have purchased CAKE MIX, ICING, FOOD COLORING, CAKE PANS, and A DECORATING ICING BAG THINGY!!! So please! Kneel with me now! And pray that I do not make a total mess of my Beany Boy's First Ever! BIRTHDAY CAKE! I don't intend to go to crazy with the decorating but I am going to write "Happy Birthday Beany Baby!" on it as best i can muster! If you have any Cake Decorating tips please please please let me know.



Additionally!



I have an invitation pending for Ravelry.com, which is a knitting and crocheting community kind of like facebook but for Yarn Junkies! According to the Llama I will receive an email tomorrow with my accepted invitation! There's apparently a week long wait to join!

I found that Maynard James Keenan is actually up to a whole bunch of new projects lately and I have added him to Twitter and Youtube. He also has a Vineyard and a Winery which I didn't have the faintest idea about. It's called Caduceus Cellars. Check it out if you are a wine enthusiast. I Adore Maynard and would order a bottle or two but he only ships to certain states atm (at the moment) and I live in Canada! /cry

I have also decided to join The Ultimate Blog Party 2009~!!





Oh Em Gee! Remind me to Update my Knewest Kneedling! Since my last knitting post I have started and finished one project, started a new project and scrapped a half finished but not so successful project. I have some pics of all this and when I get back to my computer at home I will post them!

No comments: