Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 1 - Decisions and Notice


Today I gave my notice at work.

I have agonized over the decision to move to Sundre for weeks now. I have gone back and forth with this for far too long, and I KNOW  with every ounce of my being that this move is the right thing to do. It's revolutionary. It's right. It's the start of a new life. It's real. It's amazing. It's scary. It's the start of a revolution. It will end my fucking hypocrisy. Plus, I just wasn't QUITE hippy enough.

Sadly, Nancy, the boss who I have had for the last year, went on sick leave due to cancer about a month ago. I had wanted to give her my notice as I know she would be ecstatic about my decision, but she wont be working for a while, so I gave my notice to an acting manager and another business manager on the floor who are covering for Nancy.

I told Elizabeth last week that I was ready to give my notice of resignation in December. Today I asked if she and Richard could have a meeting with me and I laid it all out for them as to when and why I am leaving Telus. Richard reminded me that because I am leaving on a good note with Telus, that I will always be welcome to return. I cried off and on through out the meeting and felt good about how it went.

After having the manager meeting, I took my two closets team mates aside and explained to them that I had given notice and my last day would be the 14th of December.  Matthew was extremely happy for me, Ivar is happy as well, though he is a bit emotionally distraught by the thought of my leaving the team.

I then took a moment to tell the rest of our network team that I had given notice and why I was leaving. Everyone seems to have a mixture of happy for me, and sad to see me go.

I don't think this is a real surprise to anyone as everyone here knows how passionately I feel about sustainability, and living a nature life, off-grid and outside of the system.

Against the Grain.

Today, I feel liberated.  Free... One step closer to my dreams.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

I am less afraid now.

I will be sad to leave the office as I have made many amazing and awesome friends here. December 14th, I will cry.

One of my best friends in the whole world, My life wife, I met here at Telus, 6 years ago. It will break my heart to leave her behind. She is my rock, My love, My wife, My soul mate, and my gypsy queen. Every single day that I come to work here at Telus, she is here, and she has always been the best part of my day, and the most amazing thing to come out of this job. Telus served a purpose for me, and that purpose was to help me have the kids, and to meet Chelsea. Now I have my babies, and Chelsea will forever be my Life wife. If I leave Telus, I will not lose either, and so it is time to move on.

So Today...

I made the final decision and gave my notice.

I have decided that I am going to keep a blog diary to document the progress and process and pain that will be this new adventure.

I invite you to join me.


May I introduce Mabel! 
Holstein/Jersey Cross Milker.
She's just a baby but she's a rare breed milker and I look forward to learning to Milk her! 


2 comments:

Chelaggedon said...

Good luck my dear!

Miss Liss said...

Wow!! Im so very happy for you :) Weird, I was just thinking about you and thought I'd pop by your blog to see how youve been since I dont see you on my FB anymore.
Congrats on your decision and good luck with your adventure, I look forward to reading all about it!!

Melissa