Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 8 - Courage and Convictions

Courage is the ability to confront fearpaindangeruncertainty, or intimidation"Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular oppositionshamescandal, or discouragement.



I dont really feel courageous. I just know that I am determined and ready. 

It's totally terrifying to some people that I would leave my job that provides me with security and stability and a pension. 

I'm sure my Grandmother is completely perplexed by it all. Me Ma says she didn't tell Gramma P about my plans, but she seems to know what's going on so I'm going to assume that she follows my blog and has had a chance to read since I started updating. 

Hi Gramma! 


I once told someone that I thought they were courageous for changing their life in a dramatic and drastic way. 
Her response was to ask me if I would think that someone who ran out of a burning building was courageous.
I told her no, not really, that running out of a burning building is something you do to save your life, and that it wasn't so much courage as survival. 

And I'm starting to feel that. 

I don't feel courageous leaving all of this behind. I don't feel brave. 
I feel like I have a duty to at least TRY to succeed at my dreams.
If I don't at least try, then what is the point of dreaming. 

So it is with great conviction that I will go against the grain.

City and Colour - Against the Grain 


You need not to climb mountaintops,
You need not to cross the sea,
You need not to find a cure for everything that makes you weak.
You need not to reach for the stars when life becomes so dark,
And when the wind does blow against the grain,
You must follow your heart,
You must follow your heart.
[ Lyrics from:







No comments: