Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 9 - Are We There Yet?

I'm having a hard time this week, getting through the last sort of stretch before moving.

I have a million things to do, specifically, packing, cleaning, liquidating household items, and just general preparations for the move.

I am squirrelling away cash and empty cans.

I have a small nest egg started and I cashed in any shares that I could sell, which will come in handy while I look for work.

I'm not worried about finances as I am rather employable and have never had issues finding work.

Right now I just DO NOT feel like packing or cleaning, but I really should get on it. I have the kids the week before I move, right up until the day before I move, so there is a lot of stuff I really CAN'T do until they are out of the way. Specifically, taking their bunk bed apart, packing their clothes, toys and books.

I have spent a lot of time talking to Phoenix about the move. Explaining to her that we will be moving. She said she wants to bring her bed and her pillows, and her babies and her boots. I told her I would make sure she has EVERYTHING and that momma wouldn't leave anything behind.  She looks forward to living with Leif and Lucy and I can tell she feels good about having Jordenne there as well.

Personally, I just want it all to be over. I want the job, the move, the packing, unpacking, the house arranging, and anything else JUST DONE.  I want to be in my new home trimming my tree with the kids while we make a yummy dinner and listen to music.  But I suppose I have to make all those things happen...

So I spend half my day harassing Jordenne to get her butt in gear. I spend my nights quasi organizing, selling things on Kijiji, giving away furniture and other odds and ends that I know we wont use.

I've collected hundreds of empty cans that I am going to have to find time to bag and return. I have shelves and cupboards full of things to sort, liquidate, pack or throw away. I have three beds to take apart, dressers to go through, empty, bag up and liquidate. I have dishes to pack, bathrooms to clean, cats and rabbits to organize....

And picking away at things really isn't my FORTE. I much prefer to just Go hard, but I don't want to cause too much stress to the kids and want them to be impacted as little as possible. I did things much the same when I moved into this place I am in now. I made sure Dave had the kids, and did the whole move while they were with him. They showed up to the new place and everything was already there, set up and ready to go. They weren't living in a house full of boxes and chaos. This is my hope for this move as well. I would like to have everything moved and unpacked in the week that they are with Dave, right before Christmas, so that I can just pick them up on the 21st and head up to the new house, already ready for them. :)

I KNOW I am capable of pulling it off. I can pretty much do anything I set my mind to, I just... tend to stress about things... obsessively. LOL

So tonight my GOAL, after the kids are in bed is, to go through my china hutch, cupboards and closets and pack a bunch of boxes of things we don't use often. Margarita glasses, martini glasses, yarn, yadda yadda yadda. Things that the kids wont notice, but still need to go into boxes.



Ugh

Wish me luck. It's all doable.. I just don't want to be the one to do it... :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

I have been reading your blog. I would like to say I am proud that you have the courage and conviction to pursue your dreams.