Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Afghan Officially Arrived!



Yesterday the postal lady pulled up in front of my house and got out of her van with a parcel under her arm. Coleen was over visiting with Hunter and as soon as I saw her walking towards my house I jumped up and ran to the door, accosting her, asking if that parcel was for me. She said that no, in fact, it was for # 52 and NOT #56. The neighbours are always getting parcels!

I told her I was expecting something important and went back to my lonely corner of the living room.

Two mins later she was walking back towards my house with yet ANOTHER parcel, only this time she walked up MY sidewalk!

1 comment:

Kacey Bode said...

Thanks for your last comment....It's always nice to know I'm not alone. I tried to put it as nicely as I could but your "I love that boy more than I could ever possibly express but some days.. I wanna knock his teeth out!" perfectly describes my feelings!!!!

Seriously. I can't handle it anymore. I know it's just a phase (God I hope it is) but I don't know if I will survive it all.

I try to be real and share all my emotions on my blog, because I think the ones that are happy happy happy all the time are bullshit. But, I find that in my times of going crazy because of Ella the last thing I want to do is blog about her. I suppose signing up for this 31 for 21 stuff forced me to have to write about it!!

She really CAN be a good sweet girl. Sometimes I wish for the "sterotypical child with Down syndrome," at least for part of the time, I could so go for sweet and happy all the time right about now : ) The truth is that I love my child, well both my children, with all my heart, more than words can express, BUT being a parent is hard. And parenting Ella is way harder than it has ever been in the 6 years since I had my Hunter! Anyhow, glad you are back to blogging!!!!