Tuesday, October 5, 2010

THE AFGHAN IS COMING! THE AFGHAN IS COMING!

In February of 2009, one of the most wonderful and passionate advocates for Down Syndrome that I personally know of, started a project called the T21 Traveling Afghan Project.
TY CJ!
I instantly signed up knowing how amazing and wonderful this adventure was going to be to follow.
I HAVE BEEN WAITING EVER SINCE!!!
And today I have been informed that the Afghan is headed my way.
En route even!
I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to share in such a wonderful, WORLDWIDE Adventure.
It feels to me like we are weaving the afghan with our hearts and our stories, with our love and our families. With every new family that receives the Afghan, the afghan gets bigger.
With every new child who holds the afghan, it gets stronger.
I don't ever want it to stop.
Here is a run down of the The T21 Traveling Afghan Project.
(I'm sure if you have been following my blog you will probably already know a little bit about it)
There is a T21 Afghan is making an amazing adventure!!

The handmade blanket is traveling from one family to another who has a family member with Down Syndrome. The family member can be of any age, from birth through the senior years. The family can also be located anywhere on the globe.

The afghan will travel from one family to another, along with a journal.

Each family, upon receiving the afghan, takes a picture of their family member with it and we post it on on this blog under the Label "T21 Travelling Afghan". After having the afghan for bit, the family writes a note in the journal and sends it off to the next family,who's address I will email to them.
As soon as we get our global gift in the mail I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post of our own adventures with the afghan.
I am also hoping to get both of my wee babies an Afghan of their own.
I would be more than honoured to have a little piece of the whole enormous project!
I also want to thank CJ for all the wonderful work she has done, hand making all the afghans, working so hard to unite the Down Syndrome world and giving everyone a tie that binds.



Hear this prayer
of the
wampum

This is the tie
that will
bind us

No comments: