Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Patience is a virtue

I have been a lazy blogger lately, even though there is much to share.

Ha! The irony is that not many people read my blog so I don't think I am really keeping anyone in suspense. My life isn't all that entertaining. I did, however, Dread my hair.

I dyed my hair with a bad Non-natural hair henna that completely fried my hair and I had been unable to brush my hair for probably 2 weeks after the dye. This frustrated me beyond measure. My hair was very dry and dead and there was pretty much no way to salvage it. I have been wanting to dread my hair again for some time now but I really haven't had the cajones to do it. (Cajones means balls in Spanish for those of you who don't speak Spanish, it's pronounces Ka Hoe Nez). So on Monday I had the day off and Dee and Chelly came over and Thrashed away at my hair for about... 7 hours. It was painful and irritating but they did a decent job, for women who have never done dreads before. A Lot of the dreads were WAY too huge for their own good so I have since ripped a bunch in half and am working on rolling and rubbing them. My scalp is on fire and I just want to spray cold cucumber water in it. I don't know why cucumber water. Probably cause cucumbers are cool and soothing and smell nice. As of right now, the burning scalp is not so pleasant. That will heal soon enough I'm sure.

I swear, (!@#$!@#) that lately, my life is all about teaching me patience. From taking up knitting, getting dreadlocks, a son with DS, and now another baby on the way. Is there possibly a more sadistic way to teach a woman patience?

"Hey kid, Wanna Learn how to swim?" ~SHOVE~

But, that's typical of my life. Can't just learn things the first time. Oh NO! Gotta do things the hardest way possible. Ha ha, which is kinda funny, because I had dreads once before. I loved them but I took them out because I thought my ex hated them. I thought that getting dreads the first time was a mistake. Perhaps the dreads weren't the mistake. Perhaps giving up something I liked to make someone else happy was the mistake.
Which was more the rule than the exception in my last relationship. Hence getting rid of his lazy, drunken, stupid, useless, rotten filthy ass! (did I say that out loud?)

Anywho! I'm happy I have dreads again. It shall be a long and arduous process to get them to a stage where they are in a really nice and respectable dreadlock shape. Till then, I need to rub and tug till my arms fall off. Ha Ha!

My mother can once again take pics of me next to the ass end of a llama, and she can smile and say, "Which one is my daughter?" LOL only my mother will understand this nonsense.

This is me the last time I had dreads.

No Occifer I has not been drinkins!


So that was a few summers ago. My hair and dreads, are shorter now but they are still cool!

Oooh I was way skinny there too! Le Sigh!



Right! So I quickly mentioned the baby bit! For those of you who don't know, D and I are having another baby. This was completely unplanned and completely unexpected. I was totally caught off guard by this new arrival. I wasn't feeling all that hot for a few days while my parents were here from Vancouver for the babies (I suppose I wont be able to call him the baby for very much longer) big birthday bash. I am Chronically late! Always. To the point where it is stressful and problematic. There have been many times where, 16 days late, I have take a Pregnancy test to see what the heck is going on, it comes out negative and sure enough the very next day I menstruate. Like Murphy's Law.

"Ha, got you all stressed out and spending money on tests. Now's a good time!" ~ My period

I wasn't even sure how late I was, and frankly I have no idea when my last menstrual period was, or LMP as "They" like to call it. So I took a stinking test, thinking, Chiding myself, "Frigging 15$ on another stupid test because I can't wait another few days. Why is it always that I have to go through this every month? Why can't I just be on schedule?!"

And, Thinking nothing of it, I didn't look at the test right away. When I came back to the damn thing, it's positive. Positive that I am pregnant. I LAUGHED! I LAUGHED MY SELF SILLY IN THE BATHROOM! Then I looked at the pee stick again and just kept laughing. I honestly don't know why it was so funny. Probably because it caught me off guard. I went down stairs and told Dave. He was happy. He is always happy for more babies. He would rather have babies then dogs or cats. Says they are way easier to take care of then pets. I laugh at him.

Funny thing. I asked Dave, "When did this happen?" he said "We have sex more often then you think we don't." LMAO! So that's when it happened I guess! I must have been asleep!

Personally, I think The Bean sent us this baby. He wants a little sister (or brother, if it HAS to be another boy I suppose I'll manage). This lil babe is the best thing that could happen to the Bean. He needs someone to grow up with and share things with. He needs a best friend in life. Someone to take care of him when I am old and grey. He needs a little sister to watch out for him at school and spend weekends with him when he is living in his own place. Teaching him how to cook for himself, or taking him to all the new and cool restaurants. Someone to watch movies with. Someone to share a sleeping bag and a Smore with when we go camping! Think of all the fabulous and wicked things they will do together. My little boy can't grow up alone. And that is how this baby got to be. Beany sent her to us. (/Crosses her fingers for a her)

My first Ultra Sound is on Monday the 20th. I had totally forgotten what first trimester ultrasounds were all about, till the lady at the clinic reminded me to drink 4 glasses of water 1 hour before arriving, and my skin started to crawl and my bladder shrunk up into my tummy! AAAAAAAAAAAHHH! What a pleasant feeling. To have an OVERLY full bladder while a stranger Presses a COLD, WET, JELLY COATED TICKLE WAND over your PEE SPOT! Needless to say I'm not looking forward to it. It's a 9:15 am appointment. I gotta get to an Ultrasound appointment by 9:15 am with a 1 year old on the bus. I seriously need my licence.

Ohh, and for all those who like to live vicariously, I am suffering with AWFUL, Overwhelming Morning sickness, except apparently my body can't tell time so ALL day is morning! Middle of the night! Must be morning! 4 pm in the afternoon! Seems like morning to me! Barf! What's that? It's 7:30 am and you want to have a cup of tea? HA HA! Nope, Sorry! It's morning!

I did not have this with Hunter. I was rarely, if almost never sick. I typically felt great. The third trimester was the worst because I was so fat and uncomfortable. But this time around I'm just constantly ill. People tell me this is a sign that it is a girl. Everything I read suggests twins. Ha! Wish me luck!

Oooh and to add INSULT to Injury! I can't enjoy a cold beer on my deck with my hubby and our fancy BBQ this summer!


Sooo, aside from that my knitting has been totally LACKS lately too, I'm not sure why. Just stuck in a "I would rather surf the Web Phase" I guess. I am making some progress on a baby blanket for Hunter at the moment. Well, one half of it. I will take a few pics of it when I get a chance.

My momma A.K.A. Nana made this Amazing needle pouch for me! Wow! Just so gorgeous. I will post some pics of that tomorrow too. I have Thursday and Friday off so I should have time to clean the house and post some new pics of things.


Well. Till tomorrow all you lurkers!

Hi Sandy! Hi Shane! Hi G & G! Say hi to Sharon for me! Hope to see you guys soon!




1 comment:

Chveya said...

I don't know if swearing is alowwed or not, but my comment is :"Fuck Jess." In a good way. And for the record I am always in a state of anticipation for your next blog entry. Especially after announcing that htere is another baby on the way. That idea terrifies me. You certainly have canonez or how ever you spell it. Keep it up dear. :)