Friday, September 19, 2008

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

Look what my mother has done to me now!

I found out on January 30th that my mom, Queen of computer paranoia, Has a Blog!

Infact, not only does she HAVE A BLOG, but she has been BLOGGING since Thursday, January 26, 2006. 
Here is a cute quote from my dear mothers first Blog. (I really hope this doesnt backfire on me one day when my kids find out that I have a blog!) 

- "I have decided to set up a blogging site -- get myself into the computer world of online diary and bearing my soul to the world. Good - I see there is spell check here."

The reason I'm quoting from her first blog is that as I get older I find my self to be so much like my mother that its kinda eerie. Frankly, that is something I would have said myself. Good thing they have spell check!

I've also come to realise, as I get older, that being like my mother isn't half bad. She's amazing at her art of quilting. My Best friend Chelsea and I have spent hours reading my mothers blog, pouring over her pictures of fabrics and quilts, and various projects, completely in awe of her talent. To be that talented and that passionate at something, is certainly a gift. I only hope to have the talent, patience, and passion that my mother has for quilting. Perhaps it's something that she can teach me. I would love to get into quilting, I just dont have a sewing machine!
All the beautiful fabrics and patterns that I've seen! Wow! And to be able to pass on hand made gifts that mean more than any store bought item! Priceless. Perhaps this is something that could be handed down through our family. My mother sure seems to have an unsurpassed talent. Like Mother Like Daughter!


I also hope to be half the mother to my children that my mother was for my brothers and I.
Her resiliance, patience, sense of humour and unconditional love have made her the most amazing woman that I know today. People tell me all the time how much I am like my mother. That used to creap me out as a kid. But from now on I will say "Thank You"!


"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895

No comments: