Tuesday, March 31, 2009

50 Great Years

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck




Here are two pictures of my Great Aunty G and Great Uncle D on their 50Th Wedding Anniversary.

I was so moved by these pictures. To see the smiles, love, happiness and perfect peace they have between each other, encourages me. Aunty G is an absolutely Gorgeous woman and Boy does Uncle D look like my Grandfather! I am so happy and blessed to have a wonderful, loving family that I do. Most of the family I have is from my mothers side of the family. My grandparents on my fathers side passed away many years ago as did my father, who died when I was 11. His brothers (my uncles) haven't been in my life much since he has been gone. I wish everyone could have the warmth of a loving family. I am truly grateful for mine.


Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. ~Paul Pearshall


Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. ~Gail Lumet Buckley

No comments: