Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jumping Bean!

MY LIL BOY IS CRAWLING!!!



Beany started to move around quite well near the beginning of December and was actually crawling just a few days before Christmas. This was the best prezzie he could give his Momma! But now he is really on the move. I honestly think he needs a tiny backpack to take with him, in case he gets too far from home. The other day I was having a cat nap on the couch in the living room. Bean was playing on the floor with his boat and various other toys. Normally I am not really asleep. I'm mostly resting my eyes and drifting in and out. At one point I could still hear the Bean but he sounded far away. I opened my eyes to see where he had gotten to this time only to realise I couldn't SEE him anywhere. I FLEW off the couch and searched for his playful mumbling/jabbering sounds and found him. He was behind the love seat with my slippers in his mouth! I had blocked the door between the kitchen and the living room so I knew I wasn't going to find him in the kitchen again but I did not expect him to be playing to happily behind the couch!
Now go ahead and scold me! I'm a bad mom. I know, I know! I should have taken a picture! But damned if I don't ALWAYS forget to take pictures. So, as I vowed earlier to make a better effort with my blog, I vow now to make a concerted effort to start taking pics of The Bean everyday!


D woke me up this morning to drive me off to work. Sunday shift sucks but it's time and a half. I guess I missed the greatest Bean moment yet. Apparently he had gotten himself up on all fours and had arched himself into a sort of tee pee. D said he was Straight armed and straight legged with his feet pulled right up to his hands, like he was yoga stretching. Then he leaned back and landed smack on his butt in a perfect sitting position! He he he!


I love watching him when he crawls. There is no coordination to it really. Sometimes he brings his knees up, and other times he pulls him self with his arms only. I'm sure that in a few weeks he will have figured it out pretty good.


He isn't pulling himself up on things yet. Although I suspect that's not far along either. He is doing so fabulous and I am just so proud to see him learning about the world around him. I can't wait to see so many new stages in his life. D tells me to be patient and enjoy the "now" because when he starts walking I'll miss the crawling / sitting stage! He he he. I'm a new mom! I can't help but be excited for the future.


No comments: